Sunday, October 12, 2008

Four Month Report

Just waiting to feel the baby's first movement. The midwife said it could be any day now. We go to the doctor again on Wed. for a regular check-up. Still one month to go until the next ultrasound. I'm still feeling good and exercising 2 or 3 times a week. Oh, and don't freak out, but I've decided to go with this form of natural childbirth. Comments I've gotten already include: "That sounds painful," and "what is the advantage of going natural when you could have an epidural?" And the answer for me is "a lot of reasons, including a possible c-section or other complications." But the nice thing about the program is that it teaches you specifically how to let those comments roll off you by affirming to yourself each time you hear something negative that you deserve a fast and comfortable birth naturally and that you will have one! The relaxation methods I've already learned have been awesome and have helped me feel a whole lot more easygoing about the whole thing. I think it's part of why this pregnancy has become so easy and comfortable for me, even though I already had genetics (or good luck) working for me with no morning sickness. Thanks for reading, Auntie Erin!

No comments: