Friday, August 22, 2008

Phew! Relief.

I told my boss Philip our big news today. He was very excited! He has two-year-old twins of his own, a boy and a girl, Anna and William. He has always been really sweet when he talks about them and he absolutely loves being a Daddy. So I knew that he would receive the news well which made it much easier to approach him about it, but I was still nervous. I guess it's always in the back of your mind that they will worry about your performance at work, and a part of me also just doesn't want things to change. Telling people (especially your boss) means it's really real! That is exciting, but hard to face sometimes. I assured him that I'm 100% committed to coming back full-time, and that I would like to stay engaged even while I'm away, but we talked about how I may feel differently when the time comes, so it's good that he is so understanding. I am very blessed; I know that's not a luxury that a lot of women have in the workplace.

1 comment:

Charlotte O'Keefe said...

Dear Jenny,

This is my first comment on you Baby Bennett Blog. I'm sorry! Dad and I are so unimaginably thrilled that you and Jordan will be parents, and we will be grandparents. It's great news that your boss is being so nice about this, and it's good that you told him. Your family has to come first, but I do hope you will be able to continue your work, which is perfect for you. (I believe that the fact your headquarters is so close to your house is not an accident.)

I love you so much!

Mom